The restaurant is located in Corciano (Pg) inside the ex convent built in the thirteenth century, next to the church of St. Francis of Assisi.

The story goes that the monk visited there in 1211 and stayed there before reaching the Island Maggiore in solitude and meditation. So this place with the church has grown in importance and religion, as to be bound by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage. In 1839, Monsignor Carlo Filesio Cittadini reduced the convent as a summer residence of the Perugias seminary.

At the end of the 50's, the property passed to Luigi Battaglini, who with his wife Anna Bocci in 1965 transformed it into a restaurant. Currently, the management is still of Mrs. Anna, guardian of ancient recipes, which skilfully brings to life the dream dishes, the tastes of the past and the aesthetic of today.

On entering, at ground level, there are three rooms, that were the ancient wine cellars, topped by archways. At the top, however, it's the ancient refectory of the monks, a large living room, always with royal archways. The three floors above, the seat of the ancient monks cells, also are in the process of restoration, performed with wealth and attention to materials used in the respect of the tradition. Finally, the whole is surrounded by a beautiful rooftop garden with ancient lime trees and rose gardens.